Marigny Opera House AdornAment #24
Marigny Opera House AdornAment benefiting the Marigny Opera House Foundation. The Marigny Opera House Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support the work of local performing artists. Gold Plated.
The Marigny Opera House building was originally Holy Trinity Catholic Church, which was founded in 1847 for German Catholics of the Faubourg Marigny. Constructed in 1853, the church was designed by architect Theodore Giraud and was widely admired for the quality of its music. In 1997 the parish was relocated and the building deconsecrated. Scott King and Dave Hurlbert purchased the building in July 2011, with the vision of restoring the historic building and offering it as a resource to the community, and the building was renamed “The Marigny Opera House.”
Width: 2 1/4"